Us Weekly: Killer Halloween Recipes From Melissa Joan Hart, Joshua Cormier and Lisa Mansour!
Jack-o’-Lantern Cake Pops by Lisa Mansour
1. Bake cake mix according to package instructions. Let cool to room temperature.
2. Break up cake into fine pieces the consistency of bread crumbs.
3. Tint ¾ cup of buttercream frosting with orange food coloring. Mix the orange frosting with the cake pieces.
4. Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop the cake and frosting mix onto a cookie sheet. Roll the mix between your hands until smooth like a small meatball.
5. Follow this step until the cake mixture is gone.
6. Place the tray of cake pops into the freezer for 10 minutes.
7. In the meantime, place orange chocolate pieces in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until the chocolate is completely melted, stirring the chocolate in between.
8. Dip a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then stick it into the cake pop.
9. Dip the entire cake pop into orange chocolate and then slowly roll it in orange sanding sugar.
10. Cut out jack-o’-lantern eyes and mouth from black fondant. Stick the black fondant on with the extra melted chocolate.
All supplies are available online at nycake.com and ship worldwide.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.